View Single Post
Old
06-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Gags1288

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
The thing I don't understand is if Pitkanen is that good, why is he signing for 2M? JayBo will be asking for 3.5 at least and you don't consider him as good?

Oh and why is Pronger retiring at 36? Lidstrom just won a Norris at that age. Pronger doesn't use any energy on the ice, that is why he can eat so many minutes.. He could play another 8 years at least.
I honestly don't know what Pitkanen is asking for nor do I know what Jay-Bo is asking for. I don't think Joni will be able to command more then 2-3 for the next 2-3 years because he doesn't have the numbers. He's certainly good enough to make more. If Bouwmeester signs long term before Pitkanen, I'm sure Joni will want as much or more.

Most d-men are on the downside of their career at 36. Obviously there are exceptions (Lidstrom, Chelios come to mind). With Pronger's history, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be unable to maintain his play late in his career. But you are right, there's no way of knowing when Chris will retire, a mistake on my part.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote