View Single Post
Old
06-30-2006, 12:20 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288
I honestly don't know what Pitkanen is asking for nor do I know what Jay-Bo is asking for. I don't think Joni will be able to command more then 2-3 for the next 2-3 years because he doesn't have the numbers. He's certainly good enough to make more. If Bouwmeester signs long term before Pitkanen, I'm sure Joni will want as much or more.

Most d-men are on the downside of their career at 36. Obviously there are exceptions (Lidstrom, Chelios come to mind). With Pronger's history, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be unable to maintain his play late in his career. But you are right, there's no way of knowing when Chris will retire, a mistake on my part.

Ah understood. And just for the record, I think Pitkanen is going to be a hell of a d-man. I understand why you guys don't want to move him, but you also have to know, we REALLY don't want to move Pronger, we just don't have a choice. Luckily Lowe has plenty of time and will get a good deal.

After looking over your salary situation a bit more I am thinking you guys are right and Pronger won't fit. The only way I can see it working is by you guys dumping your two big overpaid D-men for picks and bringing in some cheaper UFAs. But I don't think Clarke is going to do that.

Best of luck next season. Oh and I like your 1st round pick this year. I was hoping with his size he would fall to the mid 2nd and we could have grabbed him, ah well. Congrats to you. He should be centering one of our prospects named Truhnko next season. i hope they do well together

Last edited by s7ark: 06-30-2006 at 12:26 AM.
s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote