View Single Post
01-29-2013, 11:33 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Ok I understand...being asked about PK all the time can be repetitive and annoying, but still...not one smile for Subban coming back...not one nice thing to say?!! Strange, no? Seems very very cold.

I'm a huge huge fan of humble Gorges, but my gosh...he looked so angry and bitter like smoke was going to come out of his ears and eyes when saying ''we win as a team and we do everything as a team...'' team concept this, team concept that, but c'mon...a team is also made up of different personalities...this is the fun challenge of being part of a team/ have to work at it...getting everyone to slowly but surely fit into the team's system...but Gorges should let the coach worry about that...of course Gorges could talk to Subban and try to motivate him in following the system but not sure it's all about ''team concept''...there could be more to it than that...Gorges, Markov, and others may just not be happy that Subban is coming back...why is this so hard to face? it's normal for the media to be asking about Subban...annoying but normal! And not being happy with Subban's return could be the truth (looks obvious to me)...but they still have to face it and work it out 'cause Subban is a star dman...and we really really need him. Find a way to balance things out...Subban gets to keep his colorful, loud personality and entertaining style...but Subban also has to follow the TEAM system.
And, Markov will get tired...Gorges and Bouillon are getting lots of minutes... Subban will help everyone regain some energy to save some for the playoffs.
Because I just don't believe in the mentality that players in the room don't like him. If he was such a cancer to the team and everyone hated him. I strongly doubt Bergevin would have signed him. You could argue that it's none of his business. He should only keep the talent and the team should deal with it. But distractions aren't welcome to any team trying to perform. If he keeps rotten apples in the team, that's his responsibility as well.

If he was really disliked this much, he wouldn't have been signed. Even more so if this feeling is as old as previous seasons. Players have been traded away for less drama than we currently have.

Yes, it's normal for the media to ask about Subban. But the team gets asked about him before and after, games and practices. Everyday, you'd get multiple articles about this. At least one article a day per company is published. Now if you keep going to the same star players on the team over and over, yea, they'll get annoyed. Sure, I bet they would have preferred to have him around since the very beginning. But I just don't buy that players are still bitter about the negotiations rather than still being asked to comment on the situation. Otherwise, with this kind of behavior we would have heard a lot more commotion from players during the lockout.

These aren't adolescents. They know how the business is run. They have to go through with it as well. In some cases it's easier to sign than others.

You want to buy into this media crap about players being bitter about Subban? Go ahead. But you're just feeding fuel to the fire by believing it. I chose not to trust the media in this case. You kind of learn not to after years of them spewing all sorts of garbage to try and make us believe in. Especially when it involves the Habs.

It's not to say I mistrust all reporters. There are some I'll take more seriously. But I won't always buy into it if I feel it's bat **** crazy.