Thread: Post-Game Talk: Boston 2 - Devils 1 (SO)
View Single Post
Old
01-29-2013, 11:54 PM
MachoDiablo

vCash: 500
I can't complain too badly about that game. Typically, Devils vs. Bruins games are good ones, and I don't think this was an exception.

Thing I really liked seeing was the smart positioning a lot of the defensemen employed throughout. They usually had their bodies in the right place, but also their sticks as well, used them very intelligently to cut down shooting or passing lanes.

Still, I'm not liking our trouble with breaking out the zone a lot of the time. Some of that is still rust, along with missing a skater like Parise, but they definitely need to get more mobile all-around while in the neutral zone. We shall see.

Tough luck in the shootout, though, Moose looked like he had that second one that went in, and Josefson's attempt really was pretty close. And honestly, some tough luck in regulation, too: Rask was very strong, and we got yet ANOTHER ringer off the iron at an inopportune time, this time on Patty's shot.

All in all, this was an improvement over the 3rd period vs. Washington and some of Sunday night's game, but once you're in a shootout it's often a crapshoot. Take the positives from this one and take any and all aggression out on the Isles and Pens coming up. 3-0-2 start, I'll still definitely take it.

MachoDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote