View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Tak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozay View Post
Nice.

I usually do that. I skim through, check their rosters and see if there is anything interesting.

Anyways, Ive got a trade here.

(NYR-CBJ):
Lundqvist, 1st, 2nd for John Morrissey (dont know if CBJ drafted him or if he was already there, but he's 19 and has 4.5 stars in potential which are yellow)

Should I do it?
I'm not going to lie - everyone has their favorite players and prospects that they like going after. Morrissey is my guy. He's the one I almost always try and go after. Develops into a real nice offensive Dman.

The good thing is you are getting him early at 19, so he hasn't wasted a few years with stinted growth elsewhere.

The price (Elite goalie, 1st, 2nd) is pretty steep just for one prospect, especially if it's not a franchise prospect (Morrissey gets to 86-88 overall - I've only seen him get 90 overall once). I would try and see if you can get something back.

If not, ultimately make that deal ONLY if you can recuperate at least the 2nd round pick somewhere else in the roster if need be. That's normally how to value draft picks in a trade - if you can recover it in another trade down the line, then go ahead and do it.

ALSO - Make sure you are convinced about Markstrom and Schneider as well. I've seen GMs where Schneider and Markstrom don't develop at all. Schneider was 83 OA ceiling in my recent GM. Markstrom didn't do well either, although I think he had someone else playing ahead of him