View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Shameus

vCash: 500
I have to say I was disappointed with the performance of squad. With three weeks of training the performance should have been sharper and the players should have been a little more on the same page. The best passes IMO came from Besler and Gonzalez out of the back on long balls. There was way too much passing backwards to retain possession. No one really seemed to want to be aggressive in attacking.

There are only a few players that I think earned spots on the plane ride to Honduras.

Johnson had a solid performance, good reflexes, solid positioning, communication could have been better, but other than that I think he had one of the better performances of a keeper not named Howard in the last few years.

Gonzalez and Besler really weren't challenged too much and I'd like to see a little more of them. They were solid when called upon and Gonzalez was dangerous on set pieces. I'd like to see them again.

Gatt definitely added some speed, flair, and danger out on the wing. I'd like to see what he could do with a solid back behind him and some better attackers around him. I have to see he seems like a real dick though. He whined a ton, yelled at his own team mates and seems a little like a primadonna.

Zusi and Beckerman, as much as I hate Beckerman being a somewhat regular with the A squad, showed why they play with that squad regularly and why the rest are considered B squaders.

I'd also like to see Morales get another game, he played some dangerous balls, just a little long that I think could/would have been better if he'd had been in the game longer and gotten into a better grove, and I'd also like to cap tie him before he decides to try to play for Peru or Germany, although I doubt Germany will come calling.

I agree Wondolowski needs to be done. He's had his chances hasn't been able to cash in. I will say that he looked better than Johnson did and I'm wondering if Johnson didn't luck out with his goals last fall. I would have liked to have seen Agudelo and Bruin brought on earlier.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote