View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Ace2008

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Whether or not CK foot problems were hampering his performance in his 3 appearances is debatable . I'm not sure if the club has specified of will specify when the injury happened . But honestly , can you honestly say in those 3 games CK at any point looked like any kind of offensive threat ? I wish he did I love this kids frame , speed , his quick release of his shot . What I'm not sold on his his stick handling , play away from the puck , confidence with the puck and situational awareness . If this was going on game 6 of a full season the pressure for him to perform would be much less . He is under a giant microscope in this shortened season and the NYR team and management and coaching does not have the luxury of putting a not NHL READY player on the ice . As for him playing with scrubs , the CT WHALE , system and management's intention is to play a similar style to the parent club so it can teach Torts system to all of its prospects . I think one of CK problems so far as been his ability to grasp playing the style of hockey away from the puck at the pro level . Every shift this short season I looks like he has one eye on the puck and one looking back at the bench waiting to see if be did something wrong . The game is not intuitive to him right now .

During PO last year they said keep it simple skate hard and fast and shoot . He looked good . Now he looks lost and searching for the game . It's going to take time , and this season there is none to spare .

absolutely right...and Kreider was playing with Brad and Marian which made things simpler.

Play Kreider in "Nash" Lw role

and play stepan with Nash. The Rw could be pyatt/ nash, or Hagelin or even callahan

but keep the focus on 2 dangerous lines and then try to find a good chemistry for boyle who looks completely forgotten right now. the Boyle was leading one of the best 4th lines last season and so far looks like he's all alone. Get 2 gritty speedsters like Ferriero and maybe another bigger bodied speedster to make up for his lack of acceleration and line #4 starts looking like a weapon again...As for #3 Hagelin-Halpern-Gilroy...speed and puck control == eventual breakaway's and drawing penalties.

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote