Thread: Value of: Dion Phaneuf
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:43 AM
EucaLEAFtys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrophorus View Post
So in 48 games, the Leafs will learn nothing?

I don't think top 5 is in the cards, since the Leafs will eventually adjust to the system.
This is a combination of new system, plus no training camp.
I never saod that they wouldn't learn anything.

What I have been saying (essentally) is that the talent level of the team hasn't really changed much, let alone significantly enough to make anyone honestly believe that this team has a snowball's chance in Hell of making it into the play-offs this season.

When you combine a low-talent team, a new system, and a shortened season with no real training camp, the odds of the Leafs duplicating last season's achievement are quite high.

The point is, this team just doesn't have the talent to be a play-off contender, and if they don't rebuild through the Draft, they probably never will be a legitimate contender for anything other than a top-5 draft pick.

The overall talent level on this team simply HAS to improve, and the best way to do that is through a complete rebuild. The "old guard" of Phaneuf, Kessel, etc. have to be traded to ensure that the Leaf organization has the best chance to gain the high-end assets they desperately need to secure a brighter, sustainable future.

Last edited by EucaLEAFtys: 01-30-2013 at 03:49 AM.
EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote