View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:44 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Firing Lavi right now is probably a knee jerk move. We have several key injuries. At least a quarter, maybe a third, of our roster are either sophomores going through that famous slump or rookies. Lots of new faces and new lines with zero training camp or preseason.

On top of that, as has been mentioned, if we fire Lavi and hire or promote someone it's not like they'll turn it around overnight. They'll need time to implement their systems, and time is something we simply don't have this year. Firing Lavi won't make Coburn, Voracek, Giroux, etc. instantly stop sucking.

The same goes for trades. What's the point? We can't afford to make trades. We traded a lot of established guys for potential. Giving up on them because they didn't hit their full potential in under 100 games seems like a waste to me. Who can we get who will definitely improve the team and be a sure upgrade over the pieces traded away?

Replacing the coach is a better solution than trading a bunch of guys. However, I don't know that this shortened season is the proper time to do it. The same flaws are present, but there are a LOT of other factors going on here as well.

I think its way to early to panic. Yes the play from this team has been mind blowingly frustrating to watch. The Flyers got many career years last year out of several guys. This year its been a constant stuggle offensively. Guys like Schenn and Couturier are just now starting there 2nd NHL season. There is still going to be ups and downs with guys like that. Especially offensively.
I think the guy that they could probably trade is Voracek. Other then that who could they afford to deal? They cant trade Simmonds. Hes one of the few top guys that has played with any balls so far this year even tho the scoresheet doesnt reflect it.