View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 02:04 AM
Dangles78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianguy77 View Post
I think that we need some guys who are ready to play now. With Sid and Geno (if he re-signs) we have a window of about 6-8 years. The 18-20 year-olds that we've drafted, aren't really going to be able to help this team out. At least not for another 3-4 years. And they're almost all defensemen. Defencemen just take longer to turn into bona-fide Nhl players.

We need to start winning cups now. I think Shero should send one of our defensive prospects, with a Kunitz or Dupuis, and a first round pick, and pick up a 22-25 year old winger who above all, has some speed and decent hands. Anyone here who doesn't think Grabner could score 40 on Sid's flank?
I think this team will see an "overhaul" in the next coming years. Kenny is ready to make the jump, Archibald (like I've said before) is surprising people, Hano may become what we think he is.

The fact is. If everything goes right. We have a 3C model with Sid, Geno and Sutter. It's a matter of filling in the gaps. Shero has done fine. There needs to be more patience with him opposed to DB. This team in a year or two will be dominant, trust me, but not with this coaching system in place.

X-Crosby-Bennett
X-Malkin-Neal
Agostino-Sutter-X
X-Vitale-X

Those X's, IMO, can be filled easily in the next coming years because of UFA opportunities and development of players in the system.

I won't even bother with the defense core because as long as Letang is able to be resigned then we are golden. I'm a BC homer, but when I say Dumoulin is the real deal, people need to trust me. We are fine on the backend as long as whatever coaching system is in place trust younger players (cough, cough).

Dangles78 is offline   Reply With Quote