View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:08 AM
CloutierForVezina

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
Where do we place Kessel if we ever acquire him? Do you guys really want to see Kesler, Booth and Kessel on the same line? That line would be perimeter shots galore. All other those players are shoot first. Unless they just shoot from the perimeter and crash the net and hope they score. Play Kessel with the Sedins and just plant him in the slot? If Kesler can go playmaker again, then I'd be all for acquiring Kessel.
Play him with Raymond and Schroeder on the third line. You would have 3 players who all specialize in speed and can play an awesome North/South game. Schroeder would have more options open on both sides and it would really give us a huge punch with all 3 lines. They would technically be our 3rd line, but would be a 3rd line in name only as they would be seeing about as much ice time as the Sedin or the Kesler lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian/Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Burrows/Kassian
Raymond-Schroeder-Kessel
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

We would rotate Kassian/Burrows whenever our top two lines were slumping and needed a shakeup.

Kessel would absolutely feast on 3rd pairing defensemen. I can't think of a team in the league that could roll out a 3rd pairing that would have any hope of keeping up with Raymond/Schroeder/Kessel.

If we have the chance to acquire Kessel for Luongo+, we absolutely have to push all our chips in and go for it. I'd give Luongo + 1 of Jensen/Gaunce + a 1st for Kessel in a heartbeat. Kessel's not even a player I like, but if we could add him to this roster without giving up any significant player aside from Luongo we absolutely have to do it.