View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:57 AM
TK 421
Donut Squad

vCash: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Coleman View Post
"Danny Flynn has him pegged as a Marian Hossa 2.0 but I see some Jagr 2.0 in him. Best player in the QMJHL. He'll have no problem transitioning to the AHL/NHL. I can see him in the NHL as soon as next season if not , for sure the 2014-15 season. He can do it all. He's a power forward that's almost impossible to knock off the puck. He shelters himself and never gets stripped. Not a perimeter player at all , he goes through his oppoenents. Lethal shot , dead on accuracy but also an elite passer/playmaker. Finishes hit checks and punishes his opponents with brute force. Dmitri carries his work ethic into the locker room as well and is usually the first to hit the ice and gym and last to leave. He makes players around him look good. Very bright future and was a steal in the 2nd round for the Blues'!"

A quote from a Wildcats fan on the main board. Makes me pumped to see him in the A.
What an impact this guy has made since coming over. Really excited for what he brings as insurance against another Stewart letdown in the coming seasons. Particularly when you consider how close he looks to pro duty. Armstrong may not feel the need to re-sign Stewart to a multi-year with Jaskin being a cheap replacement in the near future. He could save his big money for Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk. Granted Jaskin could still be a year or two off from having an NHL impact, but it's something to keep in mind when considering what to do with Stewart.

TK 421 is online now   Reply With Quote