View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:03 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Oh, I don't disagree, and I don't think they have. However that could be because of our, ahem, lack of prospects over their tenure as stars.

I just don't think it matters whether Gillis brought up the prospect of playing with Kassian to them, or if they brought up playing with Kassian to Gillis. Chances are Gillis brought it up because it's his job to be the one initiating those types of conversations with players, but for all we know it could have been during the conversation when they asked Gillis what he thought of Kassian training with them.

The facts remain that they specifically wanted to train with Kassian this summer, and (possibly at the inquiry of Gillis) expressed some interest in playing with him as well. I don't see why the semantic details of their conversation have any bearing on how the lines should play out.

It's the initial post on the topic in this thread that makes that connection. First, that they explicitly asked to play with Kassian and second, the inference on what that might mean for his long-term future on that line. It's the connection that's being called into question, as it should be. But before it even gets to that, one should confirm if they did indeed "ask for" it to happen... which the video does not confirm.

So it's one leap to say that it was asked for, and another to imply what that could mean to line-up decisions.

In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter... it only matters when those two "leaps" are being made with insufficient information.