View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:32 AM
Djp

vCash: 500
Name: Dan

Current Occupation: Applied Math

Sabres Fan Since: I can remember

Season Ticket Holder? (Y/N): N When I lived in buffalo I would go to a game or 2 a year. During Ruffs tenure i have lived elsewhere so I have gone to see them when I lived in the Philly area and DC area and I went down to Raleigh for game 5.

All Time Favorite Sabres: too many to list

Current Favorite Sabres: Ennis, Foligno, Grigorenko

Favorite Sabres Moment: Ottawa wild game 1. I also remember the game against the Soviets winning 12-6.

Sabres Jerseys You Own: Version 3.0

Team You Hate Most: Philadelphia

I was a fan of Buffalo since I can remember anything. I grew up down the street from Frank Christie who was the Sabres Trainer. I had seen a few Sabres around the neighborhood. I remember when I was in my early teens one day me and a friend were walking to Tops and we passed by a vehicle and out comes Scotty Bowman and his family, including all his kids.

There was another time I was in Childrens Hospital at the time the Sabres players did a PR stop at the hospital. Me and another patient played fooseball against Paul Cyr and another player (cant remember).

In my early 20s i played pick up hockey at old Sabreland. Me and a group of people reserved a time for the season. It was from around 4:30pm-5:30pm on Thursdays. Right before we took the ice the old Sabres alumni would have a weekly friendly game playing before us. Quite a few of the Sabres from the 70s-mid 80s played in it.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote