View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 03:49 AM
boredmale

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSniper26 View Post
I don't think I'm buying this idea that our roster is just too top heavy offensively to compete. I mean sure, I'd love to add another top 6 winger and I think they'll ultimately have to at some point. But that isn't the problem we're seeing right now. Let's not forget that this is, more or less, the same group of forwards that scored more goals than any other group in the league last season. And that was with Crosby out most of the year.

What we're seeing now is a team that is pretty clearly disinterested. No trade is going to fix that. It's either going to take a monumental effort on the players' part to just get past their frustrations or it's going to take a coaching change(whether Bylsma actually deserves it or not). But I fear we're going to be saying "It's still early" until it's too late and another year of Sid/Geno's prime will slip away.
Just my 2 cents here but the Islanders roster had 11 players playing since October(and that includes 4 of their defensemen and 3 of their top 6). Pittsburgh just looked out of sync which can be expected this early into a season(normal seasons this would be like the last week of training camp). I am guessing by the lastest game 10 the Penguins will be into a better groove.

.500 hockey might not be playoff hockey but if they can hold that up till they get out of the rut(and hopefully they don't by next Tuesday when the Islanders play them again because we can use every point we can get. lol) they should make the playoffs easily.

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote