View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 04:29 AM
oilinblood

vCash: 500
I think this team needs Johnny Boychuk

Potter was the man responsible most for the 2 canucks goals in game 1, i counted him immediately responsible for 3 vs SJ, and I count him and whitney equally responsible for the 1 against COL. On the other hand i have been really happy with Fistric.

I was hoping Whitney would have a strong year but maybe he wasted all of his energy and time on anti-NHL tweets. A good Whitney is worth more than a good Potter so i hope he plays well and we can deal him for someone that fits our system and isnt so damn depressing.

We are no longer a 1 pass break out, we actually have the guys to do a controlled 3 play break out with possession and lots of touches. Our forwards are they types that like their touches and THEY are the ones that will push the pace. With forwards this skilled you also dont need a guy threading the needle to make a break out, the players are smart enough to know how to position and give themselves the highest percentage chance of reception. THe Eberles and Halls know where the lanes are and how to manipulate them. You dont need Whitneys 8 mistaes a period costing you an extra minute in your zone under pressure...just so you can have one good pass a game. Passing is receiver and sender. Years of OMarks and Coglianos are done.

A lot of puck possession also has to do with stopping your opponent fast in your own zone. I just dont see good decision making on Whitneys part...but he is better than Potter. Any non-oiler fan will definitely tell you Potter does not belong on a legit NHL team. He doesnt do anything particularly well. At least give us 1 thing that you are known for and then we can choose when we need that one thing... but he is well below average at everything.

Last edited by oilinblood: 01-30-2013 at 04:43 AM.
oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote