View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 05:44 AM
deakka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Hunting View Post
Ive said it once. After game like the last one, I will say it again. Am I still the only one, who is missing Steve Sullivan?

Guy was nothing special, but come on! Who replaced him in Top 6? Some combination of Glass/Jeffrey/Kennedy/Tangradi which is changing every shift? Come on

Also, Sullivan was able to run the powerplay. Talk about our PP entries now.

Yes, Im blaming Shero for horrible offseason. Just awful. Its not only Sullivan (he wanted to stay). Its Michalek as well, that return was poor. And after disappointing season we suddenly became much much weaker team, because we only got Glass.

We also miss Staal badly, but I will give Shero a pass in this case. That was the best longterm solution. But we need to bring someone ASAP, after summer like that this team is not a real contender.
Yeah, the Staal situation was a no-win situation. I actually think we got a better return than we should knowing he did wanna go to Carolina anyway. Too bad we made a questinable pick with the Poulliot selection, but the return was good non the less.

What i dont like is that he went after Parise/Suter, but seemingly no one else. There were a lot of win/win situations on the cheap, Mueller for example. Even if we DID get Parise why couldnt we go after another winger as well?