View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 06:10 AM
DAChampion

vCash: 500
I started a new program last week. I got back into Canberra after some extended travels, I told the trainer I want to lose 20 kg (44 lbs) this year. He said that's very realistic.

The program he gave me is something I have not tried before, so I'm curious how it works out. It's a 4-day workout. It's a Day A,B,C,D program. I think day A is chest and triceps, day 2 is back and biceps, day 3 is legs, and day 4 is abs and shoulders. Each is 4 exercises, preceded by 5 minutes of cardio and followed by 15 minutes of cardio. He said if I come in more than 4 days in a week I can go through the cycle faster or just do cardio days.

Interestingly, he told me to do 3 sets of 12, and he said by the end of the six weeks I should do 4 sets of 8 instead. And I also I drink 20 grams of protein shake (WPI) after every workout, so it seems like more of a muscle gain plan than a weight loss plan. But whatever, every body type is different and responds to stimuli differently, and I have not tried such an intensive weight training program before, so I'm curious to see how it goes.

A funny thing about the protein shake is that it says "gourmet chocolate" on it. I wish it would just say "chocolate-flavoured", I don't like being treated like an idiot. There's nothing gourmet about it.

This is week 2. Last week was week 1 and I ate pretty badly due to a variety of reasons. So far week 2 I'm eating better.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote