After 5 years...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
What about?

Rupp, Eminger, 3rd rounder, C Thomas, rights to S Noreau/C Andersson

for

Murray (UFA), TJ Galiardi (RFA), 7th rounder

Or what else would we need to add/give up?
San Josť is reputedly looking for a grit guy on their 4th line = Rupp
We give them Eminger (or Gilroy) as a thrown to fill up a lost spot on D
Adding a 3rd rounder, C Thomas (2nd round pick) and a defensive prospect is icing for the Sharks.
Maybe they want something more though

Then:
  • Sign Dom Moore
  • Call up Mashinter
  • Send Gilroy down

Hagelin - Richards - Nash
Kreider - Stepan - Gaborik
Galiardi - Moore - Pyatt
Ferriero
(Mashinter) - Boyle - Asham
Halpern, Mashinter

McD - Girardi
Staal - MDZ
Murray - Stralman

Bickel

Like the lineup...
If Kreider fails we can still ice a pretty fair team if gets sent down
Way to plagiarize my (good) idea!
I even wrote it as an edit to a post about Moore.

Quote:
Edit: A name that came to mind for me is TJ Galiardi. He's fast, hits a lot, blocks a lot of shots and has the potential to put up very decent points. In his first NHL season, a few years ago, he put up 39 points in 70 games (with 87 hits and 43 blocks). The following year he only played 35 games, but put up 15 points, which is a similar pace. Last year he played 69 games but only had 15 points and was traded at the deadline to San Jose (I believe in the deal for McGinn) but he still had 110 hits. I realize 15 points last year isn't that exciting, but a fresh start could get him producing like he did the previous two seasons (54 points in 105 games is good production for a young player) and he's got some very good wheels, hits a lot and blocks a lot of shots, so he would fit right in under Torts. He could fill in in the top six while Callahan is out, which could potentially get his offense jump started and then he would be an IDEAL third liner once Cally returns. He also probably wouldn't cost much considering SJ's depth. We could even inquire about Galiardi AND Douglas Murray and really bolster our lineup.
But I think for both San Jose would want more than you suggested. We'd be looking at something closer to 2nd, Rupp, Hrivik, Bickel/Eminger. Yeah, that doesnt sound ideal but its really no loss to us now and we're trying to win right now. Trying to make a package from non-roster players without moving Miller or McIlrath is tough enough. I'm high on Hrivik but you've got to give to get and if we're going it for it this year or the next you gotta roll the dice and pay to make the necessary pickups. Murray world improve our overall defense by miles. Galiardi would fit in incredibly well as a solid, low risk third liner and could still put up significant points if he found chemistry or increases minutes (with Cally out or if Hags struggles at times; in SJ he has no shot at seeing top six time but here he could fill in there) in NY.

Last edited by Ollie Queen: 01-30-2013 at 06:39 AM.