View Single Post
01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Fidel Astro
vCash: 303
Originally Posted by Whileee View Post
Personally, I hope that this does come to a successful conclusion. The loyal Coyotes fans deserve it, and the City of Glendale certainly deserve it given what they have sacrificed to keep the NHL there.
I can understand that second part. Yes, the CoG has done all kinds of crazy things to keep the team there, and it would be unfortunate (for them) if their efforts were in vain, but I can't agree with your first statement.

What have the fans done to 'deserve' anything? Look, I realize dumping on other fanbases isn't cool here, and that's not what I'm trying to do right now, but I don't get what they've done to deserve a team. They certainly haven't showed up to games or spent a lot of money on the team. They haven't done any large public shows of support. They really haven't done anything. So why are they deserving?

I am well aware that a relocation would suck for the few fans who do put in the effort, but I really don't think the fans, in general, have made enough of an impact throughout this process to make anyone have a lot of sympathy for them.