View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 08:05 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
I watched the first period of the game and was confident they would get the victory with Oates' "lucky" new lineup so I switched channels. But the same issues came to fruition in the end I guess. Blame the refs but look at who took the penalty individually and as a team. Ward took the infamous playoff penalty, ironically highsticking, and the team as a whole is taking penalties. And they are not killing them off at a good pace. Sometimes it's hard to shake a reputation.

Fun fact:

Washington PP: 22nd
Washington PK: 25th

With all of the talk about individual players the special teams units have sunk this team at the beginning of the season. So in retrospect, IMHO, Oates tried to change too much too quickly. The PK'ers could have stayed the same as last year's playoffs when they were stellar.

Blah.......and something else I noticed now the last couple of years is that when things go badly it's time for a benching of the 35 and older crowd. They are the least of the problems - this year and last.

And the talk about OV - I agree with one poster that it borders on libel. But having been a fan (past tense) of Floyd Landis because he's a hometown boy and having seen his fall from stardom I'm not going to bury my head in the sand either. Enter Lance Armstrong.

There is something inherently wrong. Did the Habs in the 2009 - 2010 playoffs just completely demoralize the young guns?

Backstrom, OV and Green with a combined 7 points in six games and a ton of ice time. I'm having trouble with "they need a good supporting cast" theory when that cast is pulling the train.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote