View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 08:30 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I thought the same thing last year.

And, yes, it takes two to make a deal. It also takes a GM who isn't married to 2M third liners and defensive prospects who might do something in three or four years too.
Exactly... this isn't something that just happened. The lining has bet set for a while now. Bringing in Zib and Martin was overkill but to bring them in for more money than 2 defensemen that just played a HUGE part in winning the Pens a Cup was downright stupid.

We should be talking about Tatar or Silfverberg as a solution to the top 6 right now. Yet in one of the deeper drafts in a while the Pens come away with role playing defensemen and a questionmark. I like DePo and Maatta but this year we get 2 defensemen in the first round again... AGAIN. Are you friggin kidding me? They must have some pretty good weed back in Nashville because this defense, defense, defense cloud of smoke around Shero's head must make Nashville look more than a borderline playoff team every year. If he wants to construct teams like the Preds we better "... throw him into the river and party all summer...".

Since that Cup win the Pens have done nothing but get worse and grow stale.