View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 08:32 AM
Whileee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Astro View Post
I can understand that second part. Yes, the CoG has done all kinds of crazy things to keep the team there, and it would be unfortunate (for them) if their efforts were in vain, but I can't agree with your first statement.

What have the fans done to 'deserve' anything? Look, I realize dumping on other fanbases isn't cool here, and that's not what I'm trying to do right now, but I don't get what they've done to deserve a team. They certainly haven't showed up to games or spent a lot of money on the team. They haven't done any large public shows of support. They really haven't done anything. So why are they deserving?

I am well aware that a relocation would suck for the few fans who do put in the effort, but I really don't think the fans, in general, have made enough of an impact throughout this process to make anyone have a lot of sympathy for them.
I was referring to the "loyal fans" - the ones line TL and others that might actually read this Board. I sincerely hope that they are able to keep their Coyotes. It would be hard for me to approach this otherwise, being an avid fan myself.

Whether there are enough fans to be developed in that market is really an issue for the new owner. If there aren't enough even with the AMF, then the new ownership group will be forced to keep a very trim budget, likely compromising the quality of the team over the long term. More importantly, if they are not successful in expanding the fan base and raising the appetite enough to increase ticket prices substantially, then it will be the new owners that will suffer financially. I expect that they know that.