View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:00 AM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
It's the use of the word "kick" that is at issue. Skinner didn't "kick" anything, he was taking a normal skating stride when Bergeron intentionally stepped in front of him and locked him up. The dive/tumble/whatever brought them down, but it was Bergeron's decision to initiate illegal contact and get into Skinner's legs.

I don't see how you can say Skinner was solely responsible for what happened, and in the next breath say Bergeron was interfering with him. One precludes the other.
I don't know what you see, but I see Skinner swing his leg so that his skate kicks Bergeron's skate, I see Skinner fall down for no reason at all. Being interfered with doesn't mean you should kick someones skate or dive. I'm not even saying Skinner ttried to slewfoot him, I am saying he dove and tried to make it look like Bergeron took him down.

Even if Bergeron was called for interference it doesn't make diving and kicking someones skate out from under them OK.

I am even willing to go as far as believing Skinner didn't try to slewfoot him, he just was trying to get his legs tangled in Bergeron's legs so they would both go down. But what he ended up doing is kicking Bergeron's skate out from under him.

I don't think he should be suspended or anything like that but I do think it was a very cheap and pretty dirty play on Skinners part and interference on Bergeron's part.

I just don't buy what some people here are selling, being interfered with is not a good reason to dive and kick someones skate out from under them.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote