View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:01 AM
alkurtz

vCash: 500
Every team seems to be dealing with injury problems to key personnel. It is part and parcel of a physical game. The Flyers are missing Hartnell enormously: as much as we all detest him, his presence is a major part of the team's identity. Without his personality and edginess, the Flyers don't seem the same.

We cannot replace the intangibles that Cally brings to the team and aside from those qualities, we don't have the depth to replace his production on the PP or PK. He will be sorely missed.

Kreider, when he returns and as soon as he regains his game fitness, which might mean some more time with the Whale, becomes immensely important to the team.

I know one thing, I don't want to see Newbury back up.

I think Torts needs to move Gabby back to the line with Stepan. We need some production from our 2nd line. We can argue all we want about whether Cally is a 2nd or 3rd line player but the fact is that he was playing 2nd line and scored 29 goals last year. We need some balance in our lines, now more than ever. Hags back to the line with Richards and Nash. Step with Gabby and for now perhaps Ferriero. 3rd line cobbled together from our disparate parts.

You can plan and plan and think you have everything in place only to get derailed by the unexpected. That is the nature of sports. We'll have to see what happens, how the team handles it and who steps up.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote