View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Identity404
Unknown Pleasures

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Why was Ellis able to have a great game?

Are we to believe that the one game Dan Ellis started just happened to be the one game where the team played well?

Or was it that Ellis didn't flop to the ice 400 times?
Ellis stood on his head against Buffalo. I don't remember how many breakaways and prime scoring chances he stopped, but there were a bunch. I don't understand how some people continue to defend Ward on the basis of the defense being terrible. The defense IS terrible, but Cam still isn't anywhere where he needs to be at this point. The Boston game was a prime example. Most of the goals happened around defensive breakdowns, but Cam was playing very un-Cam like, flopping around making desperation saves, instead of playing a sound positional game and reacting to the puck. Ellis looks extremely calm in net. He made difficult saves look routine because he was playing the type of game Cam should be playing.

I think we should take advantage of the fact that Ellis was playing in Charlotte and is already up to game speed. Cam isn't playing bad enough to be calling him out for losing us games, but he certainly isn't standing on his head, or making those great saves to keep us in the game, something your #1 goaltender should be doing on a regular basis, giving you a chance to win.

I'm not worried about Cam. He is a professional and will get to where he needs to be. But why not play Ellis a few more times until Cam gets there? I'm not expecting him to take over the starting job, but so far he has shown the ability to give us a better chance to win right now.

Identity404 is offline   Reply With Quote