View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 09:25 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
I don't see why so many of you had to jump on the OP. He wasn't crapping on Yakupov, he just said that in hindsight, MAYBE the Oilers should have gone with Galchenyuk.
I'm quite happy that the Oilers took Yakupov and honestly, there wasn't much of a choice but to take him since he was the clear BPA and Galchenyuk was too much of a risk, Murray too vanilla etc. However, i'm disappointed that Galchenyuk was injured in his draft year because i thought going into that year that he would be the ideal center for the Oilers but the injury took away any chance of him being drafted 1st due to the risk.

I do feel that if he played all year up to his capability that he could have battled Yakupov for #1 and the Oilers would have considered him. The kid is the real deal, built like a tank (looks a good deal bigger than Yak on the ice), has really worked on his 2 way game and isn't afraid to go to the net.
FTR, i've liked Galchenyuk for a long time, it's not based on a 5 game sample size.
As i said before anybody jumps on me, i'm content that the Oilers selected Yak but i can see the intrigue with Galchenyuk.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote