Thread: Advice: Slap Shot advice
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:10 AM
Ruhnie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panner20 View Post
Haven't had achance to read the entire thread... but people think I have a pretty good slap shot, and if I was giving advice the one thing I would mention is "CONFIDENCE". You need to have a confidence or belief when winding up and taking a a big slap shot. I know it sounds a little wishy-washy... but I strongly think you need a to believe in your ability. I see too many people that don't bring enough "violence" to the slap shot. Don't be tentative, f*/cking (((BLAST))) that thing with everything you got!! Good Luck!!!
I totally agree that confidence is huge with making things work on the ice. However I have to disagree with the sentiment that more "violence" in your shot will magically make it better. Proper shooting mechanics are infinitely more important than how hard you smack the puck. In fact, if you use a low-kick stick it's even more important to not try to hit it too hard unless you have perfect mechanics, you really have to let the stick do the work for you. I often find that when my adrenaline is going and I try to kill the puck, it ends up fluttering or going reeeeally wide. Just my 2 cents though.

Ruhnie is offline   Reply With Quote