View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:25 AM
DisgruntledGoat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilin Toronto View Post
Just to start off, I am a big fan of the Fab 5. So much so that I cannot decide which one is my favorite. I've got to tell you, however, that Hall's compete level is off the charts, and watching him take over games is an absolute pleasure. Watching the way he played on Monday against Colorado was a treat.

I just hate hearing people say "Hall simply doesn't have a high hockey IQ" when comparing him to other players in his class. My biggest pet peeve was just how much better of an overall player Seguin was to Hall. By the way, am I the only one that thinks Seguin is having an aweful start to the season. He only has 1g + 2a for 3 pts in 6 games, and to boot, his only goal was an empty netter.

I haven't heard a peep from the Boston faithful, or anybody else about Seguin's disappointing start thus far, especially when the experts (TSN, Sportsnet...etc) were expecting him to have a breakout year. I firmly believe that if Hall had such a terrible start, the main board would have several threads commenting on how overrated Hall is.
There's a poll on the main board now about Seguin + Landeskog vs Hall + RNH... Some of the comments are just absolutely laughable.

Similar to your point about Seguin's slow start... Landeselke has now taken two huge hits with his down (Sutton, Stuart) as well as having been injured during his draft year... Why is he not being called injury-prone and overrated like Hall is?

DisgruntledGoat is offline   Reply With Quote