View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:30 AM
ddawg1950

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuck This View Post
Dude, get off the Hodgson bandwagon. It's made a lot of you look foolish from the get go. All the fan boys were pretty embarrassing. It's time you stopped. He sucks. He's so bad defensively... just glides around on his heavy feet. I've watched most of the Sabres games this year and he hasn't improved since junior lol. He was an early bloomer who has major speed and strength issues. It's as if he has cement in his skates. We dominated that trade. Give Kassian his due. He's the way better prospect. Hodgson isn't very good. I don't see him improving much more, whereas Kassian has a lot more room for growth.
I'm glad we were able to trade Hodgson, and like you I have watched the Sabres games this year.

I would qualify the "he sucks" comment with "He sucks in the role he is placed in."

Hodgson did relatively well in the sheltered role he was placed in here.

He is misused n Buffalo and the confidence that he has built up is fading very quickly. That seems quite clear to me. half the time he looks confused and behind the play.

You can't put kids in roles they are not suited or ready for...and he is not suited or ready for first line mnutes at this stage in his career.

And this misuse could further compromise his development.