View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Proust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skule123 View Post
I think this is the player we have. Really, all the stuff being said now is whispers, and there isn't much concrete beyond the practice fights. What is real is his long-standing commitment to the Montreal and charitable communities (his summer work in Haiti), and who cares if he's a little chatty on the ice or a character in the locker room?

http://montreal.ctvnews.ca/daily-hab...santa-1.573623

PK didn't call attention to it, the national media left it alone because good news doesn't pull clicks, but this seems like the real PK to me, especially given his familial context. With time, and more importantly, with him around in the locker room (rather than the abstract straw man the agenda-driven media has built), we will have to deal with the real PK, which is to me, the one that person at the hospital wrote in about.
Interesting stuff.

I must say, as an outsider, the luke-warm quotes coming from Gorges et. al are dumb dumb dumb. Even if you hate PK, you accept that he probably helps the team, and you accept that you are in Montreal and everything you say will be analyzed for hours on end by everyone in the city.... so you lie and say you're excited to have a player of his calibre back in the line-up. Tell the truth to his face or in the room, but to the media, you smile, and you lie.