Thread: Pre-Game Talk: 2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Two good friends were at the game and said it was the best game they have been at since game 6 comeback vs Portland last year. That's saying a lot since that game was crazy. There will be no easy route for any time coming out of the West this year.

As sad as it is to report they both said Severson was Kelowna's best Dman...*tear*
Yeah, I was keeping track on my phone.

Definitely thought Kelowna had in the bag, up 4-2 and 5-3 late in the game. 3 PP goals to tie and end the game, would have been crazy to see.

Everytime I've seen Kelowna this year ( 3 or 4 games) Severson was not only their best defensman, but their best player.

People forget with his birthday, he is still a very young 18years old.

I feel New Jersey got a good one.

---------

They have quite a few defensman eligible this year too, and it is a factory for producing NHL defensman. Not overly impressed with Bowey, seems to have tools, but for me it seems his decision making doesn't match the tool set.

I can't figure out why Wheaton is top 60 on a lot of lists now either, big kid, decent skater, but very little offense. Wouldn't want the Canucks to take him until 4th round at earliest.

Jesse Lees to me is the one I could see Canucks scouts having a liking for. Smallish' 6'0" 180ish, not overly dynamic just a fairly simple game. A lot like Mceneny from what I've seen, just a bit more physical in a smaller package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
I have a couple!

Amil Krupic - A swedish D who is consistently ranked behind his fellow Rogle team-mate Anton Cederholm. Krupic already has good size and a late birthday (95-08-15), which i know you enjoy. He has shown gamebreaking ability at lower levels offensively when he plays with confidence. He is the typical smooth skating Swede who has a good first pass, and good shot, which hes not afraid to use on the PP. He's got some high potential. What plagues him is that he is a bit inconsistent defensively. But still a great package for the later rounds where flaws are abound.

Nick Baptiste - I thought he showed some good potential last season, but then started off really slow, so i wondered if he would ever put it together. But the past few months, he has really stepped up his play, improved his all around play, and embraced the 1st line spot left by Leivo. He plays in all situations. He has the speed, physicality, and compete level to succeed as a pro. Battles hard in front of the net and along the wall. And he is playing with confidence now and is looking really good. If we could get him 3rd or later, its good value.
Thanks. Even liked the late birthday comment. Right up my alley.

Surprised me when I looked up Krupic that he was 6'2" after reading you're comments, I had this idea he'd be another Tommernes/Erixon sized player.

Stats make me ask, why would he start in the J-18elite this season, after going up 2 divisions last year after starting in J-18 and putting up almost PPG.

The 4 goals and 9 assists in his 4 games this year speak to that. Any chances he gets called up to the big club? Couldn't hurt, Rogle is worse than AIK (Jensen's team) last I checked. Poor man's David Rundblad maybe?

-------

Baptiste is a guy I had tracked before too (another August birthday ) being a former teammate of Corrado, a former high 1st round priority draft selection with size and speed.

It does seem the opportunity afforded him with the Leivo-Corrado trade has definitely helped. Nice to see being a go-to guy has brought the best out of him.