View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 10:43 AM
henchman24
Mr. Meeseeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
That's the only trade i can safely say was a good one and will pay off in long run when or if this organization puts together a solid team. Varly can be a top 10 or top 5 goalie playing for a solid team with solid D.

Mcginn is another average forward who will get you points every now and then, something the Avs have too much of. Too many streaky scorers and lack of consistent scorers.

Jones, Mcginn etc will go one hot streaks but at the same time they will go one very cold streaks where they are frustrating to watch.

Sgarbossa hasn't played a game in the NHL yet, way too early to say who and what he is going to be in the NHL.

I'm not sold on EJ yet, not that impressed with him so far, but i do think he needs a solid partner to reach his potential.

Downie is a good 3rd line forward who plays hard and can get you points, something every team needs unless he's taking stupid penalties, so ok, i'll give this trade a plus so far.

As far as Hunwick, O'byrne i'll put it this way. I'd get rid of everyone on that blue line except for EJ, simple as that.
So let me understand this correctly. The McGinn trade isn't a win by your standards?

We gave a a pending UFA that we were not going to resign and a 3rd/4th line winger for at worst a fringe 2nd/3rd line winger and a prospect who has top 6 potential. That trade is a win no matter how you look at it.

McGinn > Gali
Sgarbossa > 2 months of Winnik
Connolly = 7th round pick (I don't think Connolly amounts to anything)

henchman24 is online now   Reply With Quote