View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
glad to see the ov talk is where it is. i had suggested last season that the caps needed to think about trading him. the answer was a resounding no. that leonsis would never do it because of the revenue 8 brings in.

see it now. ov is not going to be bringing in revenue playing like this. skating with beagle and crabb will only add to last year's benching with a lead from hunter as a constant drumbeat distraction from the media.

its pretty obvious to me that the team is competitive. as they get used to the way oates wants them to play, they improve. they lost in ottawa in a game good teams lose. one bad play followed by one bad ref call on the road followed by a bad bounce on the penalty kill. if they win in toronto, its no big deal.

btw....not to go unnoticed is that backstrom only has 2 assists both in one game. so he has been shutout in more games than has ovechkin.

i dont think ovechkin is interested anymore.

oh and contracts based on performance??? remember the lockout? the nhlpa would NEVER sign up for that.
The answer is STILL a resounding NO. The Caps only do this if they're forced to. It's not that he directly brings in revenue its that they've retooled the entire organization around this guy. It's not something that will be easy to do or easy to break up. It will be admitting a MASSIVE failure to the fanbase and Leonsis isn't going to do that easily.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote