View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Bleach Clean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Basically, since Rogers/Bell bought MLSE, TSN and Sportsnet's main objective is to prove eachother wrong.

But they agree...? Both networks have cited the possibility of Kessel moving when he wasn't even on the radar. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I'm not arguing that. They are in a bad spot I think. They will keep them and hope to add to them with UFA's and rookies. The question is how much will it cost for Kessel and who will want to play for them.

True, but if they keep him they aren't rebuilding. This is what I don't understand. They sign Lupul, which should signal an attempt to re-sign Kessel, only now there's info that he is being shopped = what are they doing?

If you were going to shop Kessel in order to rebuild, why sign Lupul? And if you are signing them both in the hope to attract FAs, why aren't you trying to win more now by dealing for vet goaltending?

It just seems like they are pulling themselves in every direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Exactly. And they ran the story again this morning - media generated, yes, but root cause is Leaf management.

Yeah, but it's still weird that TOR management would do so, considering they just signed Lupul? I don't doubt that they may be thinking of moving Kessel, it's just why not go all the way?