View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:13 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm pretty convinced at this point that Cally's going to be out for months. But the more I think about it, the more I'm not certain it's as bad a situation as some think. Cally is the heart and soul for sure, but he can still lead and inspire from afar. But more than that, our team is very good at handling adversity, at the 'never say die' type of mentality. If anything could spark us, bring us together, get us to compete harder, get players to step up and to give others a chance to prove their mettle, this can. This in and of itself could be the type of catalyst that wakes Kreider up, for example.

So it's a blow for sure, as regardless of his performance so far Cally is the face of this team and its ethic. But his inspiration, leadership and example will still be near and felt, and we as a team have the heart and will to compete even harder due to the loss. So time will tell, as to how long Cally will be out and as to how as a team we respond to it. But in some warped yet could quite possibly be the case way, this could end up being just the catalyst we needed...
Well said, that is definitely how they should respond. Hope they do.