View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:13 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
It might be a win considering who they gave up to get Mcginn, although Winnik is off to a much better start for SJ than Mcginn for the Avs, so i'm not even sure if in fact it is a win. It's just a average trade to me.

This trade is not a impact trade, it's not a trade that will take the Avs to the next step or anything.

We are talking about Sherman, and what he has done so far to improve this team, and my answer is not much.

Improving this team to me means making the playoffs which they haven't done in the last two years, and i highly doubt they are going to make it this year.
Winnik isn't off to a strong start with San Jose, he is with Anaheim though. San Jose lost Winnik for nothing. They got 2 things out of the deal Gali and a 2013 7th round pick.

This isn't an impact trade, nor was it meant to be. It was asset management. It is better to get something for a UFA that you have no plans on re-signing (especially when you are not a contender) than to get nothing at all for him. The Avs got great value out of that trade, and potentially the two best players in the trade.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote