View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Alexandre Giroux got 700 points in 700-some games. Does that make him a legit NHL player ? He couldn't crack a bunch of terrible NHL teams with no depth. His name isn't Alexandre Bourque so he's now in the KHL. You're telling me that a team that pretends to be a SC contender can afford to have Bourque playing a regular shift and even getting PP time ?
I think what he's saying is that he's not sure yet. If you're making that assumption at this point, then it's likely just the opinion that you had before the season started... now backed up with six games of "stats."

Now, you may be right. Actually, you most likely ARE. I don't see the high potential for Bourque to be a legit contributor to this club on the third line. Didn't like the idea to begin with and he hasn't done anything to change my mind.

But I said I was going to give him a chance. And that's what I'm going to do. Six games isn't enough to define anyone as anything. Bourque while not being great by any means, hasn't been awful either. Sometimes I think people's want to be disappointed can crush the opportunity to be pleasantly surprised.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote