View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:17 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I don't think it is nothing, but AHL success doesn't always translate into NHL success. Some guys struggle with the jump and I often think guys on the smaller side struggle the most with the jump.

Right now the b's are winning, but I can't help but think the front office isn't coming up with a contingency plan for when this likely doesn't pan out (either somebody else from Providence or a trade).

I can see them at some point maybe trying a line shuffle. I wonder if at some point they may not try Seguin with Kelly again (Seguin and Kelly looked good together last season) but a struggling Seguin with a struggling Kelly may not help and could make things worse.
I always think of a Jody Gage when this is brought up, a guy who did nothing but produce solid AHL numbers, believe a PPG total in over a 1000 games and 29pts in the bigs. Not saying this is the exact same as Bourque would do but, that 3rd line wing is missing that size element that a, dare I say, Caron could bring, no issues with Paille moving up short term to bring the size up a bit, then MacD on the 4th, and when Caron healthy, insert him in.

The effort is there from Bourque, just doesn`t have "it" for me

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote