View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
kento19
@kento19

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Phaneuf is a talent and all, but EJ's spent his whole time playing in Colorado with defensemen he's had to clean up for, Dion's awesome but his aggressive style would mean EJ continuing to have to play a reserved and cautious style. I want to see EJ open up with someone who'll be reliable and be able to clean up for him. A guy like Vlasic, Enstrom or Yandle who can skate, and has the great intelligence to always be where he needs to be.
Somebody reliable and able to clean up for him isn't needed. Jan Hejda is an awful offensive defenceman but is steady eddy at home. Everybody in avland was so happy when hejda was signed because EJ had somebody to stay around while he can rush and play with the puck and it was awful and not because of Hejda. EJ is one of the better dman in the league, but not for the reasons avs fans think. He's an allround player and highly above average in every aspect. He doesn't need somebody to clean up for him. He need somebody who can work with him so they can compliment each other in the same way Phaneuf is in need.

I cant think of a better partner for EJ and if my fellow av fans can look at reality for a second im sure you can all agree with me.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote