View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howlinhockey View Post
Yandle to Boston for Krecj seems most plausible. We have so much at the Blue Line and Keith is a Southie boy
I'm not completely sold on Krejci as a long-term solution for a legitimate number one center for this team. He's got an awful lot of talent in Boston to work with. He's a great playmaker, and I won't take that away from him, but his passing options in Phoenix would be dramatically inferior to what he's used to in Boston. Also, while I like his head for the game and two-way inclination, I worry about his relatively slight frame. He's not terribly slippery or elusive and he's pretty small/slight for a player that isn't terribly hard to make contact with. He'd absolutely be the best center we've had in years and is no doubt a fantastic player, but when it comes to trading Keith Yandle, I think we can afford to pick nits.

Of course, I could be completely wrong. Maybe Boedker-Krejci-Vrbata could be our top line for the next ten years. Maybe he's the missing piece. He's certainly intriguing.