View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:43 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Are we really comparing Chris Bourque to Seguin and Thornton?

Seguin and Thornton were 18 year old kids, Bourque is a 27 year old AHL vagabond.

I've said it a dozen times, the guy is not an NHL player, at least not on this hockey club. We are a Cup contending team and can't afford to let a guy "live the dream". He plays FAR too much. Powerplay time, regular third line shift, shootout. He brings nothing.

He's a skill guy who has had no impact on any games to date, none. Tyler Seguin is struggling (I think he is still in Euro League mode) but he is getting chances and back checking. He is helping in other areas. Bourque just kind of skates around but does not get anywhere.

The experiment is done. I'd dress McDermid to play on the Merlot and move Paille to the 3rd line with CK and Pevs. Roll with that for a couple of games, what is there to lose at this point? We need more size up front anyway.

This whole argument is moot. As soon as Caron is healthy we won't see Bourque again.
The point is that 6 games is woefully inadequate to assess any player especially when the player's linemates are underperforming too.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote