Thread: Value of: Paul Stastny
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:45 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Phaneuf is a talent and all, but EJ's spent his whole time playing in Colorado with defensemen he's had to clean up for, Dion's awesome but his aggressive style would mean EJ continuing to have to play a reserved and cautious style. I want to see EJ open up with someone who'll be reliable and be able to clean up for him. A guy like Vlasic, Enstrom or Yandle who can skate, and has the great intelligence to always be where he needs to be.
Dion isn't really that aggressive anymore. He really toned his game down to limit his faults yet he still could put up points because of his natural skills. Don't get me wrong, he still needs someone to clean up for him because his IQ is lacking therefore he has trouble adjusting on the fly. I agree with you though, if you want EJ to open up then the two are a terrible pairing.

I'll list another name which would be perfect for EJ. This player doesn't have any outstanding attributes but literally could do it all. He's a rock defensively yet he's massively underrated on HF. His name is Carl Gunnarsson. He's the type of defenseman you could pair with EJ and he'll take care of his own and EJ can exploit his offensive prowess. Gunnarsson has good hockey sense, can skate, can pass, and handle the puck. He does all those things well.

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote