View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
HighAndTight
Pimp Squad For Life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hielo Grande View Post
I read the story; I didn't see the interview where the Sedins asked to play with him.

The story says the Sedins saw something in Kassian and they didn't want him to go the way a lot of other young players go in that they reach a level and stop trying to get better. They used the Swedish elite league as an example. They asked Gillis if they could train with Kass over the summer.

In the interview I saw Gillis said the move frees Burrows, "our most versatile player", to play elsewhere.

Below are quotes taken from Sun story to substantiate the above.

The Sedins asked him to train with them in June.

“That came out of our wrap-up dinner last year,” Gillis explained. “I was talking to Henrik and he was telling me about what he thought of Zack's potential. Then Danny joined us. . . and they asked if it would be OK for them to invite Zack to train with them. ... They both see tremendous potential in Zack…”
“Both me and Danny just had a good feeling about him,” Henrik said ...

“I know in Sweden there are a lot of young players who work hard to get in the Elite League when they're 18 or 19, then they stop trying to get better and are happy where they are,” Henrik said. “I think that's a problem for a lot of young guys. The thing I'm most impressed with Zack is the way he wants to learn, wants to get better. He asks a lot of questions.”

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Z...#ixzz2JTr8t2Er
Thank you for this.