View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:52 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
For a fourth line, that's okay. I don't know.

Like I say, I see an NHL player in Caron. A GOOD one. But I can't find it in me to excuse his production at a lower level that he SHOULD be excelling in. There are players on that team who play like they seriously want a shot in Boston; not like they are being handed one regardless.

To me? I'd just rather give it to a player who is putting the effort in to earn his place.
Totally understand your logic and opinions. You and I have seen both sides, loads of players who underwhelm in the AHL are able to play more consistently at the higher levels, guys who light up the AHL can't buy an assist in the NHL.

For me, this isn't about point production as Caron isn't that, but I will take his style of game, on this team in this system over Bourque right now. I don't dislike Bourque, I just see him as being a strange fit on a line that requires an element he can't bring.

Biggest issue I see with the 3rd is sustained pressure, which often comes with bodies working the boards, that's where I see Caron being a better fit.....may not be the popular fit here but I won't be one bit shocked if he's given the chance to nudge Bourque out when he gets healthy

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote