View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 11:55 AM
NUhockey
Roy So Hard

vCash: 500
I'd like to see Spooner up here, but they might want to give him another year before a call up.

Julien has clamped down on Bourque's ice time from 12 min in regulation to under 10, so it looks like it's at the stage where if he doesn't respond in the next 5 games he could be heading down to Providence.

I think Chris being Ray's son has a small influence on what's going on, just remember that Jeremy Jacobs is the owner here and will ride the publicity until it fades, which should be soon. Bruins fans are nostalgic, but they aren't dumb.

So in my opinion, the scenario for Chris going down to Providence would involve him putting up 2 points or less in the next 5 games, the Bruins being confident in Spooner's readiness for the NHL, and the team earning 6 points or less over the stretch (this last point is tricky).

Otherwise, the younger Bourque stays a while. It's going to be difficult to justify the exchange of players in the lineup during a lockout shortened season, but the Bruins have used these lines for a long time, so they might not be so shy about changing a player out.

NUhockey is offline   Reply With Quote