View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

vCash: 500
Chris Bourque has more ice-time than Greg Campbell and Dan Paille who I'm sure we all would agree are more integral to the Bruins than Bourque. He has the worst plus/minus on the team, only 3 shots ( worse among forwards ), and sees more PP time than Rich Peverley, another player we can all agree is more integral to the Bruins success than Bourque. He has 39 career NHL games under his belt and only 4 points.

I really want to get behind this kid and see him do well, but it's pretty obvious the experiment is not working. Yes, we're winning but why wait until we're losing to fix an obvious problem? I think he's fine as an injury replacement for someone on the 3rd/4th line, but as a regular 3rd line player in the league, he does not cut it. At least in the case for Caron his size and offensive potential are useful and he's easily as good if not a better two way player. With Lane MacDermid, you know he'll throw around his size along the boards and in front of the net. That third line needs a sparkplug and for as hard as Bourque works, he doesn't spark anything except yawns.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote