Thread: Trade Rumors
View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
Whiskeypete

vCash: 500
right now i see ZERO need for an extra d-man. whiskey and muzz are playing well and doing what's asked. both have filled in admirably.

i saw that #33's MRI came back yesterday as clean and nothing negative, so let's hope he is on the short list to return.

the ONLY reason to acquire anyone is if Muzz or Whiskey get injured before Mitchell's return (knock on wood). i would rather see these two get ice time, improve their games and increase their stock. otherwise there is no need to be looking at the likes of Sopel.

hell i think i would rather see the next kid in MAN that DL thinks is ready to get a call up and test him. that will mean more to the club long term, than signing some scrub for a short term fix only release/waive him within weeks.

when Bodnarchuk was signed it was likely because he was the 'best option, at the best cost' to add depth. the situation now is the same, trying to find depth that is 'the best option, at the best cost'. Deano already planned for this situation and brought in Bodnarchuk

Last edited by Whiskeypete: 01-30-2013 at 12:18 PM.