View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshorts View Post
Thanks! I have a potential mining job offer for a co-op work term. If what you say is true, I guess it wouldn't be terrible (given the salary )... Though, that "**** Saskatchewanian say" video has terrified me.

Still would prefer a job offer else where
Theres some pretty odd stuff in Saskatchewan "culture" to outsiders for sure.

Watch the movie Paperback Hero with Keir Dullea set in Delisle Saskatchewan. Its a good depiction of old school small town sasky culture. Has some hockey in the story line as well. One of my favorite movie.

Also at your age you can have a lot of fun in a smaller town/city. If you get a good paying job the world is your, well as much of a world as Saskatchewan can offer you. Give it a couple of years and a few more notches in the belt.

Its not nearly as bad as people make it out to be and i kinda wish i would have gone back for a bit when i was younger.

Saskatchewan is also beautiful in its own right. Unfortunately a lot of the heritage is gone as it develops more. Years ago my grandparents sold their farm that my great great great gpa homesteaded and i found out this summer the buildings are all gone now. Much of the old grain elevators etc a gone as well.

Sask will be the next alberta i think.