View Single Post
Old
01-30-2013, 12:47 PM
19 for president

vCash: 562
I would keep the top 6 as they are currently.

Franzen and Dats have little chemistry. Franzen likes to have the puck and he doesn't get that with Dats. Z and Dats also stopped working together because they both became players that like to have the puck. Z is more willing to give it up than Dats but still neither is a pure shooter anymore.

What makes Flip so effective on Dats line is that he gives Dats a speedy option to enter the zone. When Dats is the fastest guy on his line, the other team always knows that he is going to take the puck in. With Flip on the line he can carry the puck into the zone effectively but he is also willing to dump it back to Dats ASAP to let him set up the play. Bert is a good complimentary part because he can be the big guy on the line but he is also a pretty underrated passer, which means he can give and go with Dats. That line is constantly moving which is huge for Dats to be effective.

Brunner provides the movement on the Z and Franzen line. Neither Z nor Franzen are great skaters. They aren't bad but they aren't going to blow by people down the Wing. Brunner is really good at getting into the soft spots and creating some havoc around the net. I think once Franzen gets going you'll see a really solid line. He has to start skating and engaging more. Honestly I think he is a bit out of shape atm (saw him quite winded at the open practices) so this will hopefully improve as the season moves along and he gets into better cardio shape.

19 for president is offline   Reply With Quote